- Perinatal Depression Information and Resources: Learn about the prevalence and impact of perinatal depression as well as effective identification and treatment options.
- Perinatal Depression Screening Tools: Accessible, free and printable screening tools which are convenient to use in your practice.
- Medication Charts: Free, downloadable medication charts to help guide clinical decision making including Perinatal Antidepressant Algorithm and Antidepressants During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.
- Resources for your patients: Supportive services, free apps, crisis lines and treatment resources to provide to families impacted by perinatal depression:
- Webinar on Perinatal Depression for the Primary Care Provider: Free CME eligible webinar in which you will learn skills in identifying and treating perinatal depression.
Field T. Prenatal depression effects on early development: a review. Infant Behav Dev (2011) 34(1):1–14.10.1016/j.infbeh.2010.09.008
Grigoriadis S, VonderPorten EH, Mamisashvili L, et al. The impact of maternal depression during pregnancy on perinatal outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Psychiatry 2013; 74:e321.
Logsdon MC, Wisner K, Billings DM, Shanahan B. Raising the awareness of primary care providers about postpartum depression. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2006;27(1):59–73. doi: 10.1080/01612840500312860. [PubMed]
Pilowsky DJ, Wickramaratne P, Talati A, Tang M, Hughes CW, Garber J, et al. Children of depressed mothers 1 year after the initiation of maternal treatment: findings from the STAR*D-Child Study. Am J Psychiatry (2008) 165(9):1136–47.10.1176/appi.ajp.2008.07081286
Şahingöz M, Yuksel G, Karsidag C, et al. Birth weight and preterm birth in babies of pregnant women with major depression in relation to treatment with antidepressants. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2014; 34:226.
Venkatesh KK, Riley L, Castro VM, et al. Association of Antenatal Depression Symptoms and Antidepressant Treatment With Preterm Birth. Obstet Gynecol 2016; 127:926.