Illinois DocAssist uses social media to promote our mission to improve the ability of Illinois primary care providers to screen, diagnose and treat the mental health and substance use problems of children, youth and perinatal women. Connect with Illinois DocAssist on social media to stay up to date on mental health issues and treatment information in Illinois.
The Illinois DocAssist social media posts are written by Illinois DocAssist staff including licensed clinical social workers and child and adolescent psychiatrists. Questions or concerns regarding Illinois DocAssist social media can be sent to email@example.com.
Examples of information you may find on Illinois DocAssist’s social media include:
- Clinical pearls on addressing mental health and substance misuse in children, adolescents and perinatal women
- Announcements regarding new clinical information or webinars on the Illinois DocAssist website
- Information regarding screening and assessment of mental health and substance use in children, adolescents and perinatal women
- Guidelines for treating mental health in the pediatric practice
- Information regarding conferences and other learning events where Illinois DocAssist will be present or speaking
- Mental health information updates from other institutions and organizations
- New or updated policies from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other regulatory bodies
Through social media, Illinois DocAssist follows, retweets, mentions and likes organizations or individuals. However, Illinois DocAssist does not endorse any providers, products, organizations or institutions. The opinions expressed in items shared through Illinois DocAssist social media are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Illinois DocAssist, the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services or the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Illinois DocAssist on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
DocAssist utilizes the twitter handle of @IDocAssist and can be found on Facebook and LinkedIn. Illinois DocAssist updates these social media accounts several days a week Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Illinois DocAssist may occasionally schedule messages for off hours or weekends. Illinois DocAssist encourages our followers to comment and interact with us through social media. DocAssist staff will review all @replies, direct messages, comments and mentions. The appropriate staff member will respond as time allows. However, we encourage all Illinois providers to call or schedule a consultation through our website if they have a question regarding mental health or substance misuse in children, adolescents, or perinatal women. Illinois DocAssist is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00pm at 1-866-986-2778.
Illinois DocAssist is a service that offers information to healthcare providers regarding the detection, diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric problems in children, adolescents and perinatal women. Illinois DocAssist does not consult directly to or about individual patients. While the provider seeking consultation may use this information in making treatment decisions about a particular patient or patients, this consultation is general information only, and should not be construed as direct advice about managing any particular patient’s care.