Screening Tools and Interventions
- SBIRT Screening App: Screen pediatric patients for substance misuse and depression. The app is free of charge to providers through SBIRT Oregon.
- CRAFFT: Assess pediatric patients who endorse weekly or monthly substance misuse.
- The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT): Assess alcohol consumption and related problems.
- Change Plan Worksheet: Use with Motivational Interviewing to document a patient’s plan to change harmful or risky behaviors.
- Contract for Life: Assist in facilitating communication between adolescents and their parents about harmful decisions related to alcohol, drugs and peer pressure.
- Adolescent Substance Use and Motivational Interviewing: In this recorded Webinar Illinois DocAssist Medical Director, Diane Misch, MD, reviews best practices in assessment and intervention of adolescent substance misuse within the primary care setting.
- SAMHSA treatment providers: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration maintains a confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking substance abuse treatment and other mental health services.
- IDPH Fact Sheet: The Illinois Department of Public Health created a fact depicting underage drinking among Illinois High School students. The fact sheet provides useful information regarding acquisition of alcohol by a minor, drinking and driving statistics and tips for what parents can do.
- SAMSHA National Helpline: A confidential, free 24-hour, 365 day a year information source for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders
- Or call SAMSHA at 1-800-487-4889
- Illinois Helpline: Illinois Department of Human Services provides resources for locating substance use treatment and recovery services in Illinois.
- Or call Illinois Helpline at 833-2FINDHELP (833-234-6343)